About the Program
As a participant in Medical Leaders of Tomorrow summer program, you’ll have the opportunity to explore a future career in the health professions and start developing the skills to get you there. You’ll attend interactive workshops, meet health care professionals, and strengthen your academic and leadership skills while making life-long friends.
- Meet health care professionals and learn more about potential careers.
- Learn more about the UC Riverside Campus.
- Learn more about college preparation.
- Strengthen academic skills.
- Attend interactive presentations.
- Learn about health disparities.
- Work in teams to create a community health project.
The program is made up of two separate week-long sessions. Students may only attend one session.
It combines career exploration activities with team building, while exposing students to the academic requirements so that they may become the Medical Leaders of Tomorrow.
The program includes housing and meals for the duration of the program for all student-participants.
Program staff provide full-time supervision of student participants at all times. The staff consist of professional staff members and successful premedical students who have been selected to serve as role models and mentors.
Our advisory team includes Senior Associate Dean for Student Affairs Emma Simmons, M.D., Pipeline Programs Director Teresa Cofield, and Outreach Coordinator Rachell Enriquez.
Comments from Past Participants