About the Program
As a participant in Medical Leaders of Tomorrow summer program, you’ll have the opportunity to explore a future career in the health professions and start developing the skills to get you there while making life-long friends at the same time.
In this program, you will:
- Meet health care professionals and learn more about potential careers.
- Learn more about the UC Riverside campus.
- Learn more about college preparation.
- Strengthen academic and leadership skills.
- Attend interactive presentations.
- Learn about health disparities.
- Work in teams to create a community health project.
The Medical Leaders of Tomorrow program is scheduled for July 12-16, 2021 (San Bernardino County high schools) and July 19-23, 2021 (Riverside County high schools).
The program combines career exploration activities with team building exercises while exposing students to the academic requirements so that they may become the Medical Leaders of tomorrow.
Attendance is mandatory for all five days of the program.
MLT Program Team
The program staff provides full-time supervision of student participants at all times. The staff is consisted of professional staff members and successful premedical students who have been selected to serve as role models and mentors.